How to Install a Slot Valance Clip for Wood and Faux Wood Blinds
Some valance clips fit into a groove that is cut on the back side of wood and faux wood valances. These instructions will demonstrate how to install and remove valances with this style clip.
Step 1 – Push the clips on the headrail.
- For blinds mounted inside the window, take the blind down to attach the clips. Once the clips are attached to the headrail of the blind, rehang the blind.
- Insert clips on both ends of the head rail and space evenly every 12”-18” for proper support.
Step 2 – Attach the valance.
- Lining up the groove on the back of the valance with the prongs on the valance clip, push the valance into the clips until it snaps in place.
Step 3 – Removing the valance.
- Hold the tab on the bottom of the valance clip while rotating the valance up.
- To remove the clips, reach inside the headrail and lift up on the clip’s tab.