Video ID: 121003
How to Install Hold Down Brackets for Mini Blinds
Hold down brackets are used to secure the bottom rail of your blinds to the bottom of a door or a window to prevent them from moving around. They are usually only needed for blinds installed on doors and in RVs. Installing hold down brackets is easy to do and will help prevent unnecessary damage to your blinds, door, and window frame.
Step 1 – Fully lower the blind and insert the hold down bracket pins into the bottom rail end caps.
- The brackets may fit loosely.
- Position the back of the hold down brackets so they are flat against the door or wall.
Step 2 – Use a tape measure to make sure the blind and bracket positions are even and centered.
- Measure distances on both sides of the blind to make sure they are the same.
- Make any adjustments as needed.
Step 3 – Once the bottom of the blind is even, mark the desired position of the brackets.
- Use a pencil to mark the desired location of each hold down bracket.
Step 4 – Install each of the brackets while attached to the bottom rail end caps.
- Install the brackets and secure them in place with two screws on each bracket.
- Our guide shows installation with self-drilling screws. Another option is to drill pilot holes and install the brackets with whatever screws you’d like.