Video ID: 101003
How to Install Hold Down Brackets with an Integrated Tip on Horizontal Blinds
Hold down brackets are commonly used on mini, wood, faux wood, and Venetian blinds, and cellular shades that are installed on doors. They are used to prevent the blinds or shades from swinging around when the door is opened and closed. These instructions illustrate how to properly install hold down brackets that have integrated pins rather than a separate hold down bracket pin..
Step 1 – Drill a hole in the bottom rail.
- Drill a hole in the center of the end of the bottom rail that is slightly smaller than the integrated pin on the hold down bracket.
- Repeat on the other side of the bottom rail.
Step 2 – Install the hold down bracket.
- With the bottom rail even, place a hold down bracket in place on the door, and mark this position with a pencil.
- Install the bracket onto the door on the location you marked.
- Insert the bracket’s integrated pin into the drilled hole on the bottom rail.
Step 3 – Repeat.
- Measure the installed bracket’s location, and install another hold down bracket on the opposite side of the bottom rail.