Video ID: 401011
How to Install Wrap-Around or “C” Style Valance Clips on Horizontal Blinds
Wrap-around or “C” style valance clips are used to hang decorative valances on horizontal wood, faux wood, Venetian, and mini blinds. The front “C” shaped opening on the valance clip wraps around the top and bottom of the valance. The back of the valance clip attaches to the headrail of the blind. This style of valance clip is usually slightly visible once installed. If the blind is mounted inside the window, the blind will need to be removed to install or remove this style of valance clip.
Step 1 – Snap the valance clips onto the headrail.
- Snap the clips on the headrail by pressing the small hanger portion of the clip over the headrail.
- Install and space the valance clips every 18 – 24 inches.
Step 2 – Press the valance into the valance clips.
- Insert the top of the valance first, and press the valance into the top of the clips.
- Press the bottom of the valance down and in towards the bottom of the valance clips.
Step 3 – Release the clips to remove the valance.
- Push back on the bottom of the valance clips to release the bottom of the valance.
- Rotate the valance out of the clips.
Step 4 – Remove the valance clips.
- To remove the clips, grasp the top of the clip and rotate the clip back while lifting it off of the headrail.