Video ID: 401016
How to Measure Cloth Tape Ladders for Venetian, Wood and Faux Wood Blinds
Taking measurements before you order cloth tape is important. Please verify the cloth tape size and length needed. The measurements will be used to determine how much cloth tape you will need to repair your wood, faux wood, or Venetian horizontal blinds.
Step 1 – Measure the slat size.
- Measure the depth of the slat.
- All of the cloth tape that Fix My Blinds sells is for 2″ slats.
Step 2 – Measure the slats vertically.
- Measure vertically over seven slats while the blind is in the open position.
- Measure from the top of one slat to the top of the seventh slat.
- The “Designer” cloth tape that Fix My Blinds sells has a distance of 10 1/2″ over the seven slats.
- The “AB” cloth tape that Fix My Blinds sells has a distance of 10 1/8” over the seven slats. This size is discontinued and only limited quantity remains.
Step 3 – Calculate the amount of cloth tape needed.
- To determine the amount of tape needed, use this formula: length of the blind + 12 inches multipled by the number of cloth tape ladders on the blind. Then, divide by 12 to get the number of feet needed.
- When calculating, round up to the next whole number.