Video ID: 401030
How to Remove and Attach a Tilt Wand with a Wire Hook and Cap
Tilt wands with a wire hook and wand cap offer a secure way to attach a wand to your blind. Wood, faux wood, Venetian, and mini blinds may use this type of wand attachment. To use this type of wand, the metal stem protruding from your blind needs to have an eyelet hole punch through it. These wands are available in wood or plastic and have a wire tip at the top that is held in place with a plastic cap to keep the wand from falling off the blind. This is commonly seen on Hunter Douglas brand blinds.
Step 1 – Remove the wand.
- Push the plastic cap on the top of the wand up the stem of the tilt mechanism.
- Slide the wire hook out of the eyelet on the stem to remove the wand.
- Remove the plastic cap from the stem.
Step 2 – Attach the wand.
- Remove the plastic cap from the tip of the new wand.
- Slide the plastic cap onto the stem of the tilt mechanism.
- Insert the wire hook on the top of the wand through the eyelet of the stem.
- Slide the plastic cap down over the tip of the wand to secure it in place.