Video ID: 121012
How to Replace a Wand Tilt Mechanism in a Hunter Douglas Mini Blind
This tilt mechanism is used is some Hunter Douglas brand 1” mini blinds. The headrail on the blind must have dimensions of 1” x 1” with a ¼” hexagon shaped hole for this tilt mechanism to fit. This guide walks you through the steps to remove and replace this tilt mechanism.
Step 1 – Prepare for this repair.
- If the wand is still attached to the tilt mechanism remove it, and set it aside.
- With pliers remove the rail end stiffeners on both ends of the headrail.
Step 2 – Remove the old tilt mechanism.
- Remove the tilt rod retainer clip from the tilter by pushing it towards the tilter and releasing it with a screwdriver.
- Slide the tilt rod free from the tilter, but do not slide it out to the drum.
- Remove the old tilt mechanism by slightly spreading the headrail and then lifting up on the tilt mechanism. The screwdriver may also be useful here.
Step 3 – Replace the retainer clip.
- Make sure to have the new retainer clip installed.
Step 4 – Install the new tilt mechanism.
- Install the new tilt mechanism making sure that it is firmly seated in the headrail.
- Slide the tilt rod into the new tilt mechanism.
- Attach the retainer clip to the tilt mechanism.