Video ID: 101002
How to Replace Bottom Rail Buttons on a 2″ Wood Blind
Bottom rail buttons insert into the holes on the underside of the bottom rail of horizontal blinds. They hold the ladder and lifting cords neatly in the rail. These buttons are used on mini, wood, faux wood, and Venetian horizontal blinds.
Step 1 – Remove the button from the hole on the bottom rail.
- Raise the blind completely, and remove it from the window.
- Place it on a flat work surface.
- Remove the broken or damaged button. Use needle nose pliers if needed.
Step 2 – Measure the hole.
- Measure the diameter of the hole using a tape measure or ruler.
- Order new buttons in the size needed on FixMyBlinds.com.
Step 3 – To replace buttons, first remove the button from the hole, and cut the knot.
- Remove the button from the hole.
- Pull the string out from the center of the button.
- Cut the knot off of the lifting string.
Step 4 – Thread the lifting string through the hole on the new button.
- Tie a knot on the end of the string once it is threaded through the new button.
Step 5 – Tuck the strings into the hole, and insert the button.
- Tuck the ladder cords into the hole on the bottom rail.
- Press the button into the hole until it is seated.
- Repeat these steps for all of the buttons you’re replacing.