Video ID: 121005
How to Replace Drums in a Hunter Douglas Mini Blind
The drums are part of the tilting system of a horizontal blind. If the drums are plastic, they may break over time due to exposure to sun and varying temperatures. Replacing them is a common repair.
Step 1 – Remove the blind from the window and lay it on a flat work area.
- Mark the ladder strings where they come out from the drum with a marker.
Step 2 – Remove the ladder strings from the drums.
- Tape the ladder strings on the outside of the headrail so they don’t slip out of the bottom of the headrail.
Step 3 – Remove the drums from cradles.
- Lift the tilt rod up and slide the old drums off.
Step 4 – Lift the tilt rod up and slide the old drums off.
- Before snapping the drums into the cradles, reattach the ladder cords to the drums.
- Use the mark on the ladder strings to attach the cords in the same place as before.
Step 5 – Snap the tilt rod back into the cradles.
- Using a small, flat screwdriver, make sure the ladder string is completely seated into the drum.