Video ID: 161005
How to Replace Fabric Rail Carriers on a VertiGlide Vertical Cellular Shade
Fabric rail carriers are used to attach the fabric on your Vertiglide to the headrail. Sometimes a fabric rail carrier will break, fall out, or become loose on the shade after several years. When the fabric rail carriers become loose they will wear too big of a hole in the fabric for the carrier to slide properly. We recommend replacing or moving them if they move more than a ⅛”. This guide will show how to remove and replace fabric rail carriers on a Vertiglide honeycomb shade made by Hunter Douglas.
Step 1 – To remove the fabric rail carriers, carefully fold down the fabric and release the clip.
- Measure the width of the window in three places and take the smallest measurement down to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
- Measure the height of the window in three places and take the largest measurement up to the nearest 1/8 of an inch.
Step 2 – If necessary, reassemble the fabric rail carrier.
- Slide the top of the fabric carrier clip into the bottom of the rail carrier.
- Attach the rail carrier bearing to the pin end at the top of the rail carrier.
Step 3 – Attach the fabric rail carrier to the fabric.
- Fabric rail carriers should be attached every 10 cells.
- When attaching the carrier, make sure the pin on the carrier clip is seated in the hole in the fabric. Then pinch the clip closed.