Cleats are designed to keep window covering cords out of the reach of children. They should be installed high enough on the wall that a curious child cannot reach them, even if they are on furniture or pull over a chair to stand on. When installing cleats, take furniture placement into consideration.
Wrap blind and shade cords around the cleats in a figure-eight pattern, up high, out of reach of children.
Cleats can be used in a pair for longer, thicker cords, or individually for shorter, thinner cords.
These cleats come in a pair, along with four zinc mounting screws for wood.
Manufacturer part # SC30.
|What's Included||Two cleats and four screws.|
|Blind Type||Cellular / Honeycomb / Pleated Shade, Mini Blind, Roll Up Shade, Roller Shade, Roman Shade, Wood / Faux Wood / Venetian Blind, Woven Wood Shade|
|Brand||Used by Multiple Brands|
|Product Line||Used by Multiple Product Lines|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Processing Time||1 Business Day|
|Shipping Origin||Colorado Springs, CO|
|Eligible for Free Shipping on Orders Over $100||Yes|
|Warranty Information||90 Days|
|Eligible for a Return||Yes|
- Limiting access to cord is a simple way to make these window covering safer for kids.
- Cords should be made as short as possible or 40% or less of the length of the window covering.
- Keep all cords separate and only use one tassel per cord.
- If your window covering uses cord condensers install within 3” of the cord lock.
- Install cord cleats at least 5 feet above the ground and wrap your cords around them every time you raise your window covering.
- Install safety washers to prevent hazardous loops from forming on blinds with accessible inner cords.
- Replace cord tilt mechanisms with wand tilt mechanisms.
- It is safest to replace corded window coverings with cordless window coverings with inaccessible cords (look for “Best for Kids” certification label), or remove corded window coverings.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture, and toys away from corded window coverings, preferably to another wall. Children can climb furniture to reach cords.