Video ID: 401054
How to Install a Hunter Douglas Duette Breakaway Condenser
Duette breakaway condensers can be used on cellular honeycomb and pleated shades to combine two lift cords into one easy to grab pull cord. This guide covers how to install a Duette breakaway condenser using plastic washers. This condenser works with strings that are 0.9mm or 1.2mm in diameter and is commonly seen on Hunter Douglas, Alta, Comfortex and M&B brands of honeycomb shades.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
Step 1 – Mark the lift string.
- With the shade raised all of the way up, mark the strings approximately 2” below where your shade should stop when it is fully lowered.
Step 2 – Attach one of the strings to each half of the condenser.
- With the condenser separated insert a string into the top of one half of the condenser.
- Slide a washer onto the string and pull it past the mark on the string until it hits the condenser.
- Tie the string off at the mark with a double knot to ensure the knot won’t pull through.
- Repeat with the other half of the condenser.