Video ID: 401041
How to Install a Metal Ball Cord Condenser
Metal ball condensers can be used on cellular shades, pleated shades, Roman shades, horizontal wood blinds, faux wood blinds, mini blinds, and Venetian blinds to combine multiple lift cords into one easy to grab pull cord. This guide will cover how to install a metal ball condenser. Note: This condenser is not recommended to be used with string larger than 1.4mm in diameter.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
Step 1 – Install the top half of the condenser.
- For child safety purposes, install this condenser within three inches of the cord lock mechanism when the blind is fully lowered.
- With the strings cut evenly, slide the top of the ball onto the strings.
- Next, slide a washer onto the strings.
- Tie the strings in a knot or use a metal crimp underneath the top half and washer.
Step 2 – Trim any excess string below the knot.
Step 3 – Install the bottom half of the condenser.
- Slide the pull cord through the hole on the bottom ball of the condenser.
- Tie the end of the pull cord into a knot or use a metal crimp so the pull cord will not pull through the hole on the condenser.
- Trim any excess string.
- Screw the two halves together.