Video ID: 401006
How to Install a Rollease Safety Hold 3 Cord Retainer
It’s important to keep loops tied down securely to protect kids. These instructions demonstrate how to install a safety cord and chain tensioner made by Rollease to your window frame or wall. This is an ANSI/WCMA compliant tension device. This assembly can be used with either a continuous cord loop or a continuous bead chain loop. You can use it with cellular honeycomb shades, Roman shades, vertical blinds, and roller shades. It can be installed on the wall, window trim, window frame, window sill, and even the floor.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
1/8" Drill Bit
Step 1 – Thread the cord through the base and around the guide. Mark for pilot holes.
- Hold your tensioner to the desired mounting location and mark the screw holes with a pencil.
- Remove the cord from the tensioner.
Step 2 – Drill pilot holes in your marked locations with a ⅛” drill bit.
- Choose the side you need to use for either your cord or chain. The serrated side pictured on the left is for cord loops. The smooth side pictured on the right is for bead chain loops.
Step 3 – Insert the cord through the base and spring.
- Insert the guide through the base and spring.
- Be sure the guide is pulled through the base and spring is inside.
Step 4 – Slide the insert into the guide, and use the serrated edge for cord loops.
- For beaded chain, use the smooth side of the guide.
Step 5 – Attach the tensioner to the wall with the provided screws.
- Be sure to tighten the top and bottom screws.