Video ID: 401004
How to Install a Universal Blind and Shade Cord Loop Tensioner
This guide shows you how to install a universal cord loop tensioner used by Hunter Douglas, Comfortex, Alta and many other brands. This tensioner can be used with any blind or shade that uses cord loops including cellular honeycomb shades, pleated shades, sheer shades, Roman shades, roller shades, wood blinds, faux wood blinds, Venetian blinds, woven wood blinds, and vertical blinds.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
Step 1 – Push the cord through the tensioner.
Step 2 – Install the cord guide.
- With one hand, pull the tensioner spring down, while installing the cord guide with the other hand.
- Pull the cord up and make sure the cord guide is seated.
Step 3 – Determine how you would like to mount your tensioner.
- This tensioner can attach as an inside mount or outside mount.
- For an outside mount, you will need to use a wall mount L-bracket attachment.
- For an inside mount, you will use the flat bracket.
Step 4 – Hold the tensioner to the mounting bracket to determine the correct placement.
- Make sure that the tension spring is pulled down to the line.
Step 5 – Use a pencil to mark for pilot holes.
Step 6 – Drill the pilot holes.
Step 7 – Mount the bracket.
- If drywall anchors are needed, be sure to use them.
Step 8 – Attach the tensioner to the bracket.
- The screw provided with the tensioner is used to connect the tensioner to the bracket.