Video ID: 181004
How to Remove & Replace a Hunter Douglas Duette Cellular Honeycomb Shade
When completing repairs on your blinds, most of the time you will need to remove the blind from its brackets. This video demonstrates how to do remove and remount a Hunter Douglas cellular honeycomb shade with its specific brackets.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
Step 1 – Using a screwdriver, loosen the bracket behind the shade.
- Loosen the screw on each bracket two full turns, making sure to not remove the screw.
- The shade will come out towards you.
Step 2 – Hang the shade by sliding the top front portion of the bracket onto the headrail first.
- Make sure the front of the bracket is seated in the slot at the front of the headrail.
Step 3 – Remount the blind by pushing the shade back into the brackets until seated.
Step 4 – Using a screwdriver, tighten the screws to secure the blind to the brackets.
- Test the shade’s operation.
- Pull the lift cords to operate the shade and ensure the blind is mounted to the brackets correctly.