Video ID: 101004
How to Replace a Broken Slat on a Routeless 2″ Faux Wood Blind
If a slat breaks on your blind, it can be replaced. This guide covers how to replace a slat on horizontal wood, faux wood, and Venetian blinds that do not have route holes for the lift string punched in the slats.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
Routless slat for horizontal blinds
Step 1 – Remove the broken slat from the blind.
- Lower the blind fully before beginning this project.
- Since there are no lift strings going through the center of the slats, they can be easily removed by sliding them out from the side of the blind. Take care not to catch the groves on the slat on the lift cord and ladder strings.
Step 2 – Insert an undamaged slat into the blind.
- Remove an extra slat from the bottom of the blind.
- Slide the extra slat into the area the broken slat was removed from.
- Make sure to insert the slat in-between each section of ladder string so that it rests on the threads connecting the ladder.