Video ID: 281001
How to Replace a Cord Loop in a Hunter Douglas Silhouette Shade
These instructions show you a quick and easy method of replacing your cord loop in your Silhouette shade. You may need to replace your cord loop if your cord has is frayed or broken.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
Step 1 – Remove the shade from the window, lay it on a flat surface. Use a mallet to gently hit the end of the flathead screwdriver to loosen the end cap.
- Turn your shade over and again use the mallet to gently hit the flathead screwdriver to remove the end cap.
Step 2 – Gently pull the end cap away from the shade.
- Remove the cord loop by rotating it out from the clutch.
Step 3 – Install the new cord loop by feeding through the clutch and wrapping it around the gear.
- Test the operation by pulling on the cord.
Step 4 – Be sure your fabric is seated on both sides before reinstallation.
- Insert the end cap into the metal tube.
- Use a mallet to gently tap the end cap into place.