Video ID: 181014
How to Thread a Cord Lock in a Comfortex Shade
If you are replacing your cord lock or have restrung your shade you will need to thread the lift string through the cord lock on the shade. These instructions will walk you through the steps to thread the strings through a cord lock on a Comfortex cellular or pleated shade.
A Note on Safety
Kids can strangle in blind cords. To make your blinds safer for kids, keep cords out of reach and secure cord and bead chain loops. To learn more, please visit our child safety guide.
Step 1 – Make sure you have all six parts of the cord lock.
Step 2 – Insert the locking cam with needle nose pliers.
Step 3 – Insert the front guide into the lock body.
- The high side of the front guide is the side that engages the lock when the string is pulled in that direction.
Step 4 – Place the roller on the post.
Step 5 – Insert the strings from your shade underneath the locking cam.
- Wrap the strings around the roller.
- Make sure the locking cam is flipped forward.
Step 6 – Insert the rear slide into the slot behind the front guide.
- Orient the rear slide opposite the front guide.
- Move the strings aside until they fall into the slot on the rear slide.